Saturday, October 06, 2007

 

not handling this very well.

I am handling Felix's layoff much worse than he is. I dont like it when "someone moved my cheese". We have money to hold us over. I am strange about money. I dont like to spend more than what I make, but I do like to do what I want without worrying about it. Theoretically we are "rich" in that between the stock market and savings accounts we have over 3 years worth of Felix's salary. We would ahve to sell all our stocks and pay capital gains, but in a worse case, we do have $$$. He gets 3 month's severance. So we are basically covered until Jan. Its just that I want life to go on like it has. I want to know othat I can do what I want for the kids birthday. That if I want to buy an article of clothing I wont feel guilty. I feel bad if I have to hit savings.
The other big issue is that our car lease is up in Dec. Originally FElix was going to get a truck. Now he might have to drive another sedan. There are otheer decisions as well.

Alyssa has been a pleasure ---not! This morning was a crying spree for 1/2 hour over the spellnig of "picture". i was trying to help heer, but not the way she wanted. Then when I asked her to go into timeout , she would not. more stuff for the therapist to deal with. The book report is a disaster in the making. WE picked the "wrong" book for a mystery. yes, there was a mystery, but the solving of it, was not based on clues, etc, but rather confronting someone. how does one talk about clues and such when dealing with it. I did read the book myself so I know what Alyssa should be writing about.

last night the kids behaved horribly at synagogue after childrens services. Jack is so good when he is not around Alyssa. She eggs him on. Today I am going to just take Jack somewhere once Felix gets home. i like that he does religion on Sat mornings, but i dont like that I am "stuck". I would ahve left already but dont want to be around Alyssa . She doesnt deserve to go to the fall harvest.


A friend of Alyssa's is on ADHD drugs. The good news is that she is able to concentrate and do things much better than ever before. The bad news is that she is not eating or sleeping and losing too much weight and is too tired. Not sure what that mom is going to do.


I hope people are sttill reading this blog. Sometimes I feel like I talk to myself.

Comments:
I'm here!

I'm sorry about Felix getting laid off. I hope a new job for him pops up soon.

-Valerie
 
I'm still reading too but I have been pretty bad about comments lately.

I understand about what you are feeling. We went through a layoff a couple years ago and we managed pretty well during that time but I don't know how we would have done longer term.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?