Sunday, June 08, 2008

 

Big week coming up....

This week is a difficult week with camp . Jack starts at 9am and Alyssa at 10. she is taking sewing camp! I will do stroke clinic for swim team in the morning. Also, camp this week includes swimming, outdoors, and wet stuff. Last week was sooo easy. It was art camp. Indoors, with some dancing for exercise. Nothing but lunch to pack! love iT!!!!! Alyssa is pretty my becoming quite an interesting young lady with lots of questtions. She will do very well in her new school. They love kids that ask questions. She wanted to know if we will ever "lose all our air". She sttll can cry and melt, but not as often... I think she is having a whole lot less stress these days. Jack has decided that he is going to read, read, and read. He read Harry Potter. He is reading this large book about a dragon and a boy. Both kids read the 2nd installment of "Diaries of a Whimpy Kid". The just love it!!!! Alyssa is also playing lots of stuff from "Annie" on youtube an learning the words. I wish it was still playing on broadway. Swim team, as usual, is a bit commitment. The kids are getting better at swimming. Compared to other kids in their age group, they are not that great, but they are improving against themselves. The main reason to do swim team is for them to get some exercise in the dog days of summer... especially my couch potato Jack.

For myself, I had a sore throat for about a week. it was a just a virus stuck in my throat. REally sucked. I just cant handle illness like I used to. I then went thru a bit of a depression Friday night. I wanted to see Sex in the City and had noone to see it with. Made me feel, once again, like I have no friends. It should not be hard to find someone to see a movie. Also a few of my friends keep telling me about all these swim parties that they get invited to, and I dont seem to have these invites. I feel like I need to make more of effort to be friends with people for mine and my kids benefits. Or at least have more aquaintances. I know that at times I dont make the effort that I could to get to know others better. I have to stop feeling sorry for myself. Its not as if I am totally friendless. Its also hard that I dont have family near by. It would be nice to have family around once in a while. Maybe at Alyssa's new school I will make new friends. I know I have an open personality that not everyone likes. With my issues , no wonder I dont have very social kids. The genetics are not helping them to be social beings in their lives. Reading the book "Queen bees and Wannabes" makes life for them even scarier in the future. Someone else was reading this book, so I got it from the library. Being a tween/teen today is much harder than when I had to deal with all that crap. It all gives me such a down outlook. I have got to snap out of it for my kid's sakes.

Today we have the neighborhood general meeting. I had a hard time getting enough people to show up. I hope this means thats everyone is happy, but makes it harder to get a board together. It would have been nice to give up president, but I think I am stuck with it. I guess I am liked by some...

Well i have to clean up the house and get ready for my crazy week. And to think I have to fit in work with everything else. If we could afford it, I would probably be better off taking a month's leave of abstance during the summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?