Thursday, January 10, 2008

 

I fired the cable company!

THe cable company raised their rates again (65$ just to have cable!), so we finally got a Dish. With it came a DVR. So I dont have to get Tivo. For the 1st 6 months its about 60$ a month and depending on what we want to do with the HD afterwards (over the network or full) it will go up either 5 or 20$. Still cheaper than cable with a DVR (or TIVO). my cable was about 90$ at this point with HD. A tivo would have added 10$.
I did keep "basic" cable for a few months just in case something goes wrong , or we have storm issues.

Felix got a job from where he has been consulting. In some ways its gonna suck, aka real hours to work, versus when he wants to work, but at least he gets to work from home. VAcation will suck for him as well. I bet he only gets 2 or 3 weeks (tops!) a year. I get 5. I dont know if he will work 4X10 or 5X8. He will have to work Sundays and mondays.

We need to play "bouncing healthcare" again.

The biggest dilemna is to baseball or not to baseball for spring. Jack is not that good, so its probably a good idea to keep it up, but then again, maybe not. If he "skips" a season, that really puts him behind. He does like tennis. So maybe we will do team tennis, and then do baseball in the fall. Or should we try baseball one more time in the spring and do summer/fall tennis. I also have to start putting my camp schedule together.

My brain is really hurting here about all this stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?