Monday, December 10, 2007

 

time to get back to normal...

What a crazy few days its been.. starting on Wed, Alyssa's bday!!!!

My parents came to town. I took time off of work and I brought stuff into Alyssa's classroom for her bday. I was already not feeling well though. I brought in pumpkin CC muffins , regular CC muffins, and choc, CC muffins. I read about chanukah. I got my parents and that night we took Alyssa to American Girl to get some items that she had $ for. Also, my parents gave the kids some $$ for chanukah. JAck calls my dad "the money man". We had dinner at American girl. Alyssa brought her doll. She had a great time.

Thursday I went to work, but my stomach sucked. I was in the bathroom all day and I barely could eat anything. I felt as if it was a bug, since I already starting feeling bad Tuesday night/Wed. CAme home from work and rested until we went to my friend's house for dinner/chanukah. My dad enjoys talking to my friend's DH.

That night, as we left my friend's house (8pm, which was rather late!), Alyssa completely lost it in the car because I would not give her the DS to play with. I know she barely plays with it, but I was tired and did not want to change games for her. She has to understand when I say no, that I said no. She started to throw thing (penny) at me. She was teh 3rd row and my mom and myself were in teh 2nd row. Of course, my mom, the calm peacemaker, tried to talk Alyssa out of it. This meltdown, then turned into a "woe is me" session. I believe it was related to the following things.
1. Alyssa had been coughing that day. there was a lot of stress over whether she should go to my friend's house because she has as toddler and doesnt want him to get sick. She has older kids so she understand that germs come, but tries to avoid them otherwise. So did Alyssa have a cold or not.... Over the next few days she still coughed and seemed a smidge stuffy, but then again we had our heat fixed and the humidifier turned off. No big runny nose, so who knows.
2. When we opened Chanukah presents, I had brought the wrong jewelry box. the one I brought was empty. the ones with her earrings was at home. She knew she would get them , but still.
3. Overtired.

Anyway, friday morning felix took teh kids to school. no bus, as with the grandparents around, and the late nights, it was crazy. my stomach was holding stuff down, but I still did not feel good and I stayed home . I wanted to get Work from Home working. . They switched software and now it no longer works. I have tried and tried and worked with IT. I get an Error 741, which means that encryption thing is missing on my end, but what? I have been over everything. At lunchtime I did take my mom to the school to read to Jack's class. FElix was going to have to do this, but I felt well enuf to that. meanwhile that afternoon, my mom got her nails done while my father bought all types of food (mostly fruit) and stuff I had at the supermarket. I hate to waste food and I was annoyed, but what can I do.

Now to bring up the big thing with my dad. When I was a kid I was afraid of him. He would threaten the belt and was very strict. He is always on my case now about my yelling, which I admit I do a bunch (I feel like noone is listening to me and its a very hard habit to break...). But he seems to think that this came out of nowhere. He doesnt remember that when I was a kid he would yell. that he had a very loud voice, that as a teenager would wake me up, even if I was not up yet. I dare not say anything, as he will just deny it.. Anyway , it really bothers me.

Friday night we had to go to synagogue for dinner, then kids service, the regular service, where Alyssa was to do stuff with her 3rd grade class. Neither kid really wanted to go, but we had to go. That was another late night (10pm!), that we had to do. I wish we could have skipped, but religion is important.

Sat morning the kids were up at 7 (of course!). My parents were busy and Felix took off to his torah study. Alyssa got angry at Jack for not playing the video games correctly (monkey ball). She had one of her big meltdowns. it turned into "I dont want to even go skating to show my grandparents". Anyway, I wanted her to go into "timeout", aka to her room to calm down. At this point my mom tried to get involved and wanted to calm talk to her. I told my mom that all the therapists/etc have said that we need to ignore her and let her calm down on her own. This is waht I was told. Anyway , my mom rolled her eyes,.... but yet, 5 min later Alyssa came out and apologized to her brother. Felix came home with "auntie". She , of course, got my kids all wild. I politely asked her to leave, as she was seeing the kids on Sunday and my dad was having ard time with all the noise. She wasnt doing it. I kept asking. Felix was not helping, as when it comes to her, he has no backbone. We had to leave to skating/airport and I did not need this!

We ended up at skating and my parents did see her. I STILL dont feel great.
I take the kids to the store to pick up the cookie and ice cream and stuff for A's party at 3:30.
my parents are taken to the airport from Felix.

My frustration here is also that Felix is now home all day. I feel having him home makes our house even more cluttered and messy. I am constantly trying and losing the keep the house neat battle (I have someone for the "cleaning" ). I also feel that he helps some, but not enough with the kids.

The next entry will be about Alyssa bday party. it went very well, but was exhausting to me, as I was not 100%!!!!

Sunday was crazy as I had 2 million errands to run, and we had felix's friends over for chanukah since we skipped thanksgiving. I have to be honest that I dont like entertaining. Too much work to clean up afterwards , setting up, etc. Its not having the people, but all the work.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?