Monday, October 08, 2007

 

This weekend stuff....

Well after Sat morning's tyrade, I took Jack to see the scarecrows that the town next to us does. Came home and he went to his baseball game. Alyssa's friend came over and we went to this place called Holy Cow farms. The girls painted pumpkins and held baby chicks, kittens, and bunny rabbits. we rode in a "hayride". It was so hot outside. Mid to upper 80's . Doesnt feel like halloween/pumpkin season quite yet, but I heard by the end of the week, the highs will be just about 70. below avg. We got home and I got pizza for the kids and us.

Sunday, the kids went outside to play at 9am with the new neighbors. There was some note passing, including a bike being held hostage? Its sorta fun to just watch kids just "play". We took the kids to sunday school and met up with my cousin (by marriage) and her current boyfriend (my cousin passed away a while ago) for lunch.. It was really nice. Got the kids and then they changed to go swimming at the club. I did get upset with Felix as we both wanted to work out so I asked him to cut his workout a bit shorter since he now has time to go all the time. Well he did not. I was so pissed. The kids were pooled out after I worked out, so we came home. Jack has a renewed interest in webkinz since they added stuff, such as the school and the charm forest (he has 2 charms). Felix made pork (I know , so much for kosher since we are jewish) and potatoes. the kids were meah on the pork. I did have them eat string beans. We did try to get the kids to bed early. By sunday night they are used to staying up a bit later from fri/sat and then by monday morning they finally want to sleep in,. I remember that cycle as a kid myself. I dont want to be putting my kids to bed on the weekends as 8:30. Maybe Monday mornings should be "drive to school" day, versus the bus. Actually they could be carpoolers everyday if we want, but since they want to take the bus, we dont want to discourage it. There is about 20 minutes difference. I know we have thursdays as drive to school day as the kids want to watch Kid Nation on Wed night until 9pm.
Also I know that even once I put the kids to bed at8:30 they dont go to sleep until later. Alyssa flashlighted it last night ot read books. I know she needs more sleep, but its hard to force her to go to bed.

Its nice in some ways not to have to r ush home today. Also that I have the 2nd parent home. But in reality I want Felix to find another job. I helped him write a thank you note to the person he interviewed with last Wed internally. He should have done that right away mind you. They had some concerns that he heard about and his originally draft hit them head-on. I had to help him rewrite it to be a more softer and more subtle about the whole thing.

I wnat to volunteer him at the school for science day, field trips, etc, but if he gets a job, then we are disappointing the PTA/School that relies on him.

Next monday the school is having Math night. that shoudl be fun. It would be Jack's last baseball game, but I would rather see him do math night. Going to get the kids back into swimming. Drama will be done until Jan. Baseball will be done. Now will have time for swimmin again.

Comments:
I used to read under the covers late at night too. My mom would regularly bug me to go to sleep. Needless to say, mornings were not my best time of day...still aren't.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?