Saturday, October 13, 2007

 

teacher work day...

Yesterday was teacher conferences. THe kids had no school. I had taken the day off a while back and Felix, well, he is on a permanant "vacation". So in the am I had conferences wwith the teachers. I was able to move Alyssa's to the am. Since I keep in touch with them, I had no surprises. JAck is reading at 63 wpm and the end of year goal is 60. So he meets it. Math is no problem either. I talked a bit about keeping the kids that are more advanced challenged. She does try to give them more challenging desk work.

Alyssa is at 100 WPM and they should be at 90, so she is fine. She loves to read in class and has good comprehension. The teacher has figured out that even though it looks aas if Alyssa is not paying attention,that she really is. She will ask questions and Alyssa will know the answer. In math she can do the math, but this year they have to write out "how" they go to the answer. She can verbalize it well, but writing it needs work. Spelling is interesting as she does fine on the spelling words and ppatterns for the week, but will then go back and make mistakes later on. We need to get a spelling dictionary at home. The biggest issue is organization. Her desk is a mess and therefore harder to find what she needs, aka morning work. Overall she is going well.

Science and social studies are no problem.



So both my kids come out well. Much more + than negative and neither have behavior issues. on top of this, I FINALLY got Alyssa to get heer book report done. After conferences I took alyssa to the gym because afterwards she had her therapist appt and they were near each other. I really like the therapist and so is Alyssa. We are making some progress. Yesterday she started on social skills with her.



Afterwards we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. pics later.... Then to another corn maze. I wanted to stop at the outlet mall on the way back. unfortunately the kids were too wild and then Jack spillled lemonaide all over himself.

OK, ALYSSA IS READING OVER MY SHOULDER rAND ASKING ABOUT MY "DIARY". Have to continue later...

Sunday:
Ok, its later.... Anyway, yesterday was such a busy day. Jack was in the youth day parade. Meanwhile felix's friend (you know the one that I always talk about) brought her old crutches over for Alyssa to have. They are adjustable. Let me tell you that when Alyssa is home all she does is walk around with them. She did let heer friend try them. Anyway, I took Alyssa to her group skating and lesson and from the parade Felix took Jack to a bday party. Alyssa's BFF came over (the one that moved away a while back) and then felix watched them while I got Jack. They all decided to paint all the smaller pumpkins. And play with crutches.. Then at 3pm I took Alyssa and her friend to meet the girl's mom. Alyssa was invited to the girl's step sister's webkinz themed bday party. A new webkinz was the "goodie bag!". Alyssa was to spend the night there. When I got her this morning all I heard was how wonderful Alyssa was and how everything went well and how the girls were asleep by 10:30. While Alyssa was gone, I went to get a dress for that 40th party next weekend that has caused so much strife. (my brothers party in Jersey on Jack's birthday). I went to MAcy's , then to the rest of the mall, and back to Macy's with coupons in hand, determined. I was getting so frustrated, but finally this really good employee helped me. We both liked this one dress on me.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=276334&CategoryID=26862

and with all the coupons, etc I got it for about 50% off (it was 25% plus another 20%, plus 10$).

I came home and got jack and went to the gym to meet my friend. later Jack and I went back to her house for Jack to play with her son. Her daughter (who is Alyssa's friend) was brought home by someone who used to be my friend. I am cordial to her, but there is no way we would be friends again. She is very judgemental about others, but seems to not want to look within. She talked about her DD not appreciating things , yet she blatantly spoils her. But I found out that her DD is also into "injury" like Alyssa and would love to have real crutches and a wheelchair! At least my child is not the only one.! Jack fell asleep on the way home. This morning he slept in until 830.

I went grocery shopping, got jack ready for sunday schoool, met up with alyssa, and took the kids to sunday school. It was my turn for juice , challah and snacks for Jacks class. After I dropped them and the stuff off I went to target to get Spanx tights and to get goodie bag stuff for jack's party. CAme home and felix took Alyssa to a friend's DDs bday party. She was turning 6 and had a fashion runway party at their house. Our friends asked Felix to take pics. Since Alyssa used to go to sunday school wwith their son, he brought her along. Alyssa and this boy must really LIKE each other--they fight all the time. Jack , meanwhile, after watching too much TV went outside and charmed our neighbors. Felix dropped Alyssa off (he had dinner plans and I took the kids to the playground and how they are eating dinner. So this was one busy weekend!
We have pictures finally up from the summer and from this weekend felix shot some. Will have to post soon.
Overall I am pretty pleased with my kids lately. Both are doing well in school and behaving better; mostly when they are apart though.... but still.... My relationship with alyssa is getting better as well.

Now to get past the husband_doesnt_have_job, and that my job is making_me_change_health_insurance, and other assorted stuff like that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?