Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

JAck's appt.

Yesterday Jack had his 7 year appt. he is 46 1/2 inches tall and 48 lbs. 25 and 40 %tile. I also talked to the DR about his "Social immaturity" and he did not seem to think we should be alarmed at this point yet. JAck is so smart and ahead at school. Its just that he prefers to be alone than play with other kids. Also that he talks a lot of nonsense (combined with his speech issues) , that many think he is 5, not 7. But I think a lot of smart people were like that as kids. I just hate that a friend of mine thinks that he needs to be checked out, that something is wrong, etc. If Jack is happy, and school is going fine now, its hard to get all these expensive evals . Even if they find something.... Not sure what is the solution. Maybe he needs a social group. (they do those). I also think that he has a different form of ADD. The kind that has hyperfocusing. I know that I wont medicate Alyssa , so why would I medicate JAck? In time maybe he will need some therapy as well , but for now,, if he is happy, excelling at school, then what good is all, except to appease a friend of mine.? He is in speech, so that is covered.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?