Monday, October 01, 2007

 

how a fun night turned into 100$ cost

Friday night Alyssa had a bday party to go to. Laast minute a friend was in the area and asked if myself and Jack wanted to meet up for dinner and then anotheer trip to the corn maze. She had 2 other friends of hers with her. So we did. While in the maze Jack got his eye hit with a branch. Since he was complaining, even though it was getting better, I made an eye dr appt for him today right after school.

Just to sum up the weekend, beautiful weather.. baseball, ice cream, park, friend for Alyssa /sleepover. Finally got my toes done. ordered new cell phone. Finally went to the gym. Went to the mall. Found $3.74 jeans (marked 90% off).

Anyway go the kids from the bus today and went to the eye Dr. JAck was charming as usual and Alyssa acted like a 3 year old. She wanted to do her homework there, but then complained and whined. So I told her she did not have to do it then, but she whined more that she wanted to, but wanted to be home. Anyway, after my 30$ copay (diary farm/maze 30$ now another 30...) we had to go to the pharmacy to get eye drops (add anotheer $40=100). It took a while and Jack wanted everything in there halloween related. he would "pay with his own money". We dont need more junk. Finally I let him have halloween silly string.

We got home and went to start homework (almost 2 hours later) and Alyssas big binder with everything in it was not there. She had not put it back in her backpack. So someone had to go back to the eye Dr (5 min away). Alyssa had a tandrum. Felix refused to go back for me. I finally lost my cool. But at felix. I am trying so hard not to lose my cool with Alyssa. She was already in her room in her own timeout. I was eating a chicken wing and was soooo angry that Felix would not help me that I threw it at him and stormed out. I NEEDED him to do this one thing. At least while I was gone he helped JAck do his homework. Then when I got back with Alyssa's stuff he worked with heer. Once again she was not being very cooperative.
Then Alyssa went outside to play. Jack went with Felix to baseball and I found out that alyssa took her bike outside of the cul de sac with the new boy (4th grader) and went to the other cul de sac to see if the girl whose party she went to would come out and play. I made her come home. I lectured her about telling me where she is going. I was angry again, but trying to stay calm. She would not go in the house and I was not up for a war. Finally got her in after a few more rounds on her bike. I know I should have stood my ground. She was in a rotten mood and I did not want to set up another meltdown. Then we are settled down and the other kids come by to ask her to come out and play. So much for holding my ground.
WEll now its an hour later, almost bedtime and they have gone home. Jack and Felix are not home yet. Its almost 8:15. Bedtime shouddl be 8;30. It is going to be a war zone tonight. One more thing and Alyssa's doll is taken away. I am trying so hard to keep my cool. I did not reward her at all today. I wish I could do takeaway for bad decisions, as much as it was suggested to reward for good decisions.

Jack wants his own chart. I tried to explain that he doesnt need one, but he wants a reward system. He also makes up his own "I deserve a reward". He will hug or kiss me and then put down that he did something good. In some ways its extremely cute and endearing. I bet I can get some milage out of it.

I am sooo ready for bedtime and my break.

Comments:
*hug*

-Valerie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?