Wednesday, October 31, 2007

 

housekeeping...

I sttill need to get to the Alyssa meltdown.... but in anycase some stuff:

Alyssa is now able to swallow an Omega-3 vitamin. Hoping that will help
Jack is already an expert at his nintendo DS game. I let him play it at the grocery store.

Yesterday for Felix's bday the kids got up extra eearly. (yes, I managed to get them to bed extra early monday). They made Felix eggs and toast (with help). It was the 1st time all year that the kids were done and ready by 6:30 and could watch TV in the morning. Usually we are rushing thru the morning.

Felix took Alyssa at 2pm to the eye Dr. I met him there with Jack since Jack's speech was canceled. The appt took almost 2 hours!!!! It was really annoying. All to find out that nothing is wrong with Alyssa's eyes. The school eye test was wrong. At least we know, but that is 2 hours and 30$ later. I knew nothing was the matter because Alyssa never complained. If she was having eye issues she would be the 1st to complain!

AFter Alyssa left with Felix for hebrew school, Jack and I went to the pumpkin patch to the pumpkins for the neighborhood party. I will be glad when today is done. I dont like having the responsibility for the neighborhood. WE always do Halloween and this year I got a pinata and also pumpkins to decorate. Normally pizza/drinks.

Today at work is halloween stuff.... Then the kids get all their candy. We are going to use the wrappers from teh candy to make Alyssa's turkey project... Her turkey is going to be a "candy man" so not to be eaten on Thanksgiving (school project).

Comments:
In case it's useful... I've been reading about omegas and nutrition, and evidently flax oil is cheapest, and so that's what a lot of manufacturers use. But actually the body is very bad at converting the type of omega 3's in flax oil into the other two types of omega 3's that the body needs. So the current recommendation is to make sure that omega 3's come from fish sources, not flaxseeds. Vegetarians can get the right kind of omega 3's from an alternative type that I think is made from seaweed -- though this is pretty much always packaged in gelatin capsules (read: not vegetarian), so this is a little bit puzzling.

Anyway, maybe you knew all that, but just in case you didn't, I figured I'd share.

-Valerie

ps. My kids' eye check was much faster than what you described, but it cost something like $80 per kid. For whatever that's worth. I'm just glad to know that their vision has been checked thorougly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?