Sunday, October 21, 2007

 

happy birthday Jack!!!!

What a whirlwind 24 hours!!!!

Friday FElix and I headed to the airport and our flight was delayed due to weather, but not that bad. we got to a wet jersey and got our rental car. A chevy that looks like hearst. Got to my parents around 3. My mom joined us and we ran some errands and grabbed a late lunch. We went to see the house my brotheer is building, but it was pouring out. Also got some shoes for Jack. Rested a small bit and got ready for my bro's party.

The party was nice. I did have a few drinks. Unfortunately by 11 ish I was ready to crash. My one niece held up so much better than I did! (the other one fell asleep during parts of the party). My SIL did a decent job of the party itself. The DJ was a bit loud, but the video montage and the poem she wrote was nice. AT one point I was asked if I wanted to speak. I have to be honest. I did not have a lot ot say about my brother. Yes, we are siblings, but as kids we really did not get along and as adults, since we do live apart, and are completely different, we dont speak too much. Its not that we hate each other or fight, but we are just not close. I hope this doesnt happen with Alyssa and Jack, but I know its possible. aka, an older sister with young brother. That combo is probably not the best. TWo of the same sex, or older brother that protects his sister seems better.

Sat we stopped by the house real quick, but it as muddy. The weather was great and our flight back was actually early. Got JAck from my friend's house and then got home and Alsysa showed up. Alysssa bought Jack this thing that grows a tadpole. WE have to order the tadpole. Fun, huh. Paid for 1/2 with her own money, so what could I do. She then "hogged" it and went outside with it and cracked some of the plastic. oh well.

Sat night we went, yet again, to the corn maze. It was PACKED. Note to self. Dont go on Sat night. Sunday we had Jacks party at the gym. Indoor swimming. It went very well. The helpers at the gym were great. Glad that is over. Next thing is planning Alyssa's party.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?