Friday, September 21, 2007

 

Yom Kippur

Tonight starts yom Kippur. I know its the holiest day of the year for us jews, but I REALLY REALLY dislike the fast. My body just cannot do it like it once did. I loved when I was pregnant and did not have to fast. Months beforehand I start dreading it. I have to set an example for the kids though. Having it on a Sat also poses other challenges of not doing anything that would normally happen that day. I lost an entire day of getting errands done. But it is the day that we are inscribed in the book of life, and I was brought up to believe in this Holy Day, so I do.

Meanwhile yesterday I ran around. I had to buy 3 birthday presents! I took alyssa with me. She was fine without her brother with her. I stated this many times. I can take one or the other with me and they are great. EArlier in the day I took Jack to the pet store while Alyssa was in keyboarding class. I did stop at Brusters to pick up ice cream for both of them :)

I am hoping that alyssa gets to see Aly on Sunday. they have not seen each other in a while. Last night I also talked to Alyssa about friends from school. She seems to have no problems making friends outside of school. But once in middle school she really needs a small set of friends. Whether it be one girl or a few girls. It will make life a bit easier.

I am reading about the Hannah Montana ticket stuff. the promoter keeps about 1/3 of the tix!
That is so not right. once again if you know someone you get to go.

I know there is a lot more I can write, but for some reason I dont feel like it today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?