Monday, September 17, 2007

 

weekend....

Well over the weekend , aka Sat and Sunday we did not have issues with Alyssa. Friday night we did, and I almost took her door off the hook after many slammings. What is interesting is that Sat night she spend the night at a friend's house. they went to bed at 2am!!!! and were up before 8!!!!... I thought for sure yesterday would be a complete meltdown, but maybe she was too tired.. Also, all afternoon she was with her Dad since I had a HOA meeting and then took Jack to a birthday party. Last night her American girl doll was returned... On Sat she went to a friend's birthday. she did not know any of the other girls there, but had a good time. It was at an art place. While she was there I went all the way to Marietta to get JAck's cub scout uniform. That cub scout org is so cult-like, its scary, but Jack really enjoys it. I paid extra for the stuff that makes the badges stickon instead of sewing. Well worth the extra 8$! I got his shirt put together in time for yesterday's popcorn sale.
Speaking of the popcorn sale, if Jack doesnt become a lawyer or a politician, he will make a great salesman! He did awesome. WAs a bit too much "in face" at times, and we had reel him in, but overall he did a great job. What surprised me is when this guy bought 2 10$ tins, and asked JAck how much that was. Jack said 20$. then they guy handed him a 50$ and asked what his change was and Jack, without hesitation, said 30$. I think that really impressed the guy. That impressed me. THe problem with Jack is that many times he sounds (due to his speech) and acts more like a 5 year old, but his definately has the intelligence of a 7 year old. Lately, by his interest in pokemon, he is doing better socially, but I am sure he seems somewhat "babyish" to other boys at times. He is just not a boy's boy. I hope his speech and social skillls catch up to his smartass ways.

Friday night I went out to a new place with a friend of mine. We tend to go out about once a month to try a restaurant. It was fun. Its nice to get out with the "girls". I also needed to escape from the wrath of alyssa that night. Luckily she seems to have broken out of boarding school behavior --for now. When she is calm I do try to talk to her and explain to her about things and her behavior. I hope one day it gets thru.

On and on a final note. I did not get Hannah Montana tickets.. the whole thing is a scam. Ticketmaster had no tickets to give. I could have gotten the nosebleed tix from the presale, but gave them up .. Hindsight, at least I could have sold them. I hate how popular concerts like these are only for those who "know someone" , or are in the "business", or are for ticket scalpers and the rich parents who are willing pay the prices.. I wont go that far at this point. I will keep trying, but not for the outrageous markups. I dont know if ANYONE can do ANYTHING About the monopoly of ticketmaster and how these thigns are handled. It really made Disney look bad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?