Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 

A trip to the doll hospital...

Monday night Alyssa's American girl doll's arm broke off. So I shipped her to the doll hospital. 30$ to get fixed, plus I added in doing the hair. plus shipping to them, probably around 50. A new doll would be 100, but this one is sentimental. So we did this yesterday.

WE had almost 4 days of bliss with Alyssa, but last night the meltdowns and disrespecting started up again. I have gotten myself to stay calm with her most of the time, until she sasses me and disrespects me. Not the "I hate you" , but moreso, " I dont have to do what you say" type things. I lost my cool and apologized right afterwards. If we are trying to teach her not to lose her cool, then we ahve to set an example. I am trying. She cried in public about not getting a frosty to herself when I got one for Jack. She had already had ice cream. I offered to give her some of Jack's but that wasnt enuf. I wanted to keep peace around me, so I told alyssa she had to go home in Felix's car.. she refused, and tried to cling to my car. Felix had to take her to his car.

Well after she FINALLY! went to her room and to bed (after pulling a prank such as turning off my bathroom light while Jack was in the shower) , I thought she was sleeping. nope! She was writing a letter to her teacher, nicely asking for a different partner in their "data gathering". Not sure what they are gathering data about (science). The kid she was paired with is sent to the vice principals office at least once a week, and is causing Alyssa to get very frustrated. Alyssa doesnt want to melt down in school and wants a different partner. Not sure what her teacher will do. I dont want to interfere with this one, quite yet. I also dont want Alyssa to have a meltdown in class. I hope the teacher sees the stress that Alyssa is feeling. Alyssa also wants to meet with the counselor to discuss this boy. Every year there is one boy that she has issues with. I made sure she was not with last year's boy, so she had to find another one. Though this one is not as bad.

Also, my kids are fighting on the bus, so the bus driver has to make sure they are nowhere near each other. this is very embarrassing for me. Once again its Alyssa getting bent out of shape, with Jack doing things that bother her. He knows how to do it, in a subtle way.

Jack is big into writing/typing and learning how to spell things. Its amazing to watch how eager he is to learn. Tomorrow morning I had a meet and greet with the TAG teachers (talented and gifted). Jack is also going overboard with all this Pokemon thing.
I wish Jack woudl finally "get it" when it comes to baseball.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?