Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

met with the therapist yesterday...

Yesterday Felix and I met with the therapist to discuss Alyssa. We discussed the ADHD and alla the other "stuff" that has come along with it. Not that everything is "ADHD", but just in general what Alyssa is all about. Felix doesnt even believe in ADHD, which is also part of my battle. Also discussed how I handle Alyssa poorly. I know that we clash and that I need to learn to do a better job. I think she got the ADHD from me in some sense (caffeine does not calm me down though!) and that I have no patience and I react too soon with her. So yes, we will work on my parenting skills as well, but Alyssa needs to learn her own coping techniques. How to work within herself to prevent meltdowns. Do, as the therapist quoted "mundane tasks" which is hard for kids with ADHD. this can include schoolwork and most of the time does. There were lot of tiny things brought up. I remember her saying how working with someone now is better than waiting until they are a teenager. We also discussed how creative Alyssa is. I think Alyssa talking to her a few times per month will be a good thing. She tuned in to what alyssa once said about finding someone else that is strange and different like she is. Aka why she doesnt play much with kids during recess. Also how Alyssa prefers one on one, not a group. How homework is a struggle and Wednesdays (AHOH today is a wed! :) )

Yesterday was a good day with teh kids during homework. Then we had our activities. Baseball from waht JAck played last year to this year is a big difference. Its "real" now. He says he likes baseball, but is very frustrated. You can tell his much weaker than everyone else. I guess their dads go play with them every weekend or something? They were trying to correct Jack's stance and he was very unfortable with it. He just wanted to do it "his way". I wish they would have let him first do it "his way" and then corrected him. But oh well. Alyssa had hebrew school and we got home all around 7:30. Had to shower and do dinner. Meanwhile JAck goes potty and doesnt wipe real good and then goes a head and sits on my bed! now I have laundry to add to my list.

Teh goood news... I told Alyssa lights out at 8:30 and after getting to bed I went to turn her lights out and she had done so already. ! that was a first and really cool.

This morning our boy cat , right in front of felix, pissed on his drycleaning laundry basket. So now we know "who" has been doing that. The funny thing is that my laundry never gets pee'd on. Felix is not HAPPY.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?