Thursday, September 13, 2007

 

Is it too late for boarding school?

OK I feel like a full fledged teenager in my home!!!
Today the kids went to school and Felix and I went to services for Rosh Hashana. Then we went to the gym. I came home and checked on work. I know being Rosh Hashana I should not wish this, but this one customer, it would be nice if they somehow disappeared. ARGGGGG She DRIVES ME and EVERryONE ELSE ON OUR TEAM CRAZY.

Anyway, I got Jack from the bus stop. While I changed I had felix work with him on homework, just so Felix gets an idea of what I do afterschool. And times it by 2! We went to school to get Alyssa from her keyboarding class. I went to get her backpack and it was soaking wet! I saw her water bottle and thought that was it, but when I opened it up to take everything out I found the root cause----She had a big baggie with her "rocks" and she had it also filled with water, making a muddy mess!!!!! OF course it figures that this was the day the scholastic books I ordered were delivered. I took the mess out and then threw it all out. I was very calm and when Alyssa came out I made her carry all the books while I had the backpack. Once at the car we talked about punishment. Felix, of course, wanted me to just drop it. I said that she had played with water and baggies before and KNEW what would happen. Her excuse was that she was washing her rocks and ran out of time.... Well once she figured out that teh rocks were gone, the tears and in car tandrum just blew up. Her favorite rock in the whole world was "gone" and what a disaster..... Jack tried to even help and she blew up at him. I was a bad mommy for throwing that mess out. I should have consulted her.. Well at least the "punishment" fit the crime. I have ruined books that I paid for!

We were on our way to synagogue for children's services and then teh service where you throw bread into water to throw away your sins. I brought PLENTY of bread for the kids. Well we got there and Alyssa had stopped crying, but homework never got done in the car. I was very calm about this. After services, Alyssa started a game of "chase" with heer brother and anotheer girl, right there in the santuary!!! I , unfortunately had to pull JAck aside, as he is easier to reason with and separate. Meanwhile it was raining out. We went anyway to the park and Felix went to the kids to the stream, where other members of our temple were, to throw the bread in. On the car ride home alyssa did her Language arts and Math homework. Now comes the famous discussion about dinner. Felix decided to not really eat today so he was cranky and hungry. And of course wanted what he wanted, but FINALLY a restaurant was picked. I did not want to go .
I had so much stuff to due around the house. Clean the backpack, empty the dishwasher, fold and put away the laundry. I asked the kids to help. Well no luck with Alyssa. I also came to find out that she got yellow light today for the 1st time. ARGGG . She tried to blame another kid , but I knew better.

Well FElix is now having enuf of her, and he loses it with her when she backtalks him. She keeps crying and now wants me to cook her pasta. Also she goes ahead against what we told her and does a "science experiment" with toothpaste and soap , in her room!!!! luckily nothing on the carpet but I had prevously said no. Well I had been calm and I had asked her to put herself in timeout. She kept talking back and I took away her american girl doll finally... that put heer over the edge. SHE FINALLY went to her screaming in timeout. She came out 10 minutes later and did apologize to me (as she wanted something from me, pasta). So felix went out to dinner with JAck to make sure that Jack ate complete junk, (chicken fingers, fries, lemonaide, and ice cream... argggg). I did make Alyssa dinner but then all she did was watch TV. I asked her to clean up the mess she made in the toy room. I finally had to turn off the TV. Felix got home and she was looking for an ace bandage and got mad again and knocked over our garbage can. Felix asked her to pick it up and she refused.. well he dragged her back to do it. Then at bedtime, she of course, wants me to "lay down with her, and she gets all remorseful. She says that when she was angry she wrote a nasty note to me, but then threw it out. I am not against her doing that and it was a smart thing to do. I know adults that write "fake" anger notes.

So at this point I dont know what to do !. I feel as if I am trying my best to not yell anymore and stay calm, but last sunday and now today, arggg. And last night she got enuf sleep. I am suppose to reward her when she controls herself, but she is not earning it. And I dont like getting in trouble at school. yesterday I got an email from her teacher that she was improving on completing her work and doing much better.

So between JAck doing his thing, where he has trouble at other peoples homes (and who knows if he will ever get invited again to his new friends house). I dont remember if I wrote that he cried there when at the end, after being asked previously if he wanted to go swimming, that he all of sudden wanted to. JAck is so good with me at home, especially when alyssa is not around, but has trouble being a model kid elsewhere. And then there is Alyssa who is so acting teenager and is not even one yet! we are in a boatload of trouble. I am at my wits end. Since she does behave well outside of the home, maybe she does need to spend more time with her grandparents, over breaks and such .. And her behavior is not going to let Felix allow her to fly alone , which sucks. I need that for Xmas break. I need to send her to my folks in FL and just keep JAck around. I also dont understand why she does stupid things still! I dont see other girls doing things like filling water in a big baggie of rocks, or trying to smash them with a hammer, or a million other things that she does. We have a therapist appt in 2 weeks again. I really hope she can help.


Sigh.....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?