Friday, August 17, 2007

 

SAHM without hte SAH part

i feel like a SAHM, but I dont get the part where I get to stay home . We drop the kids off at the b us, I come to work, and get the kids directly from the bus. When they were in afterschool, on occasion I could leave them there and run errands, etc. Now there is no choice but to be at the bus stop at 2:45. Also I ahve both of them. If only one had an activity I could leave the other in afterschool. But it honestly was not worth the 120/week since most days I did get both kids right away. I wish our county has what other counties do: daily afterschool care. But we dont. Its all or nothing

Anyway, some highlights and lowlights from teh 1st week of school.
Getting kids up and to bed --low lights. though Jack better than Alyssa about going to bed. Goal is 8:30 since we want them up at 6:30

Alyssa seems to be doing good in class, but homework already a struggle.

Jack brought home his classwork that did not get done yesterday. I was very upset at first until I realized he is still on coloring! He needs a bigger challenge than that.

Jack made a friend.

Alyssa rather be by herself. she wanted to be in a difference class with other kids that she knows. I had to teach her the life gives you lemons thing...

Being so hot. When they are done with homework, Jack pretty much plays video games and Alyssa is watching TV or bugging me. Surprisingly neither wants to go on the computer. last night they finally played outside around 7:30. If it could just be cooler than 100, that would be nice.

Alyssa started drama class this week. Jack will start baseball next Sat. Tryouts are tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?