Friday, August 31, 2007

 

Jack's curriculum night

Both of Jack's teachers were there last night. THe one that is coming back from maternity leave and the one right now, who is in heer 20's and has all the dad's in a tizzy. I dont know how she teaches in those FM pumps. She dresses classy enough, but it still shows that she is hot and knows it. (she is married). But despite that, she is good teacher. I almost wish she would be the teacher the entire year. 1st grade is somewhat the same as when Alyssa was there, but they have added/changed things. I have to remember that its only 1st grade. The kids dont even get graded yet. WIth the work they have, you tend to think that its much more serious then it really should be. I would say about 1/2 the class showed up.

I finally met the parents of the one kid that Jack has befriended. I couldnt figure out where he lived as the bus stop he got off was in front of a neighborhood where I knew many people. Noone in that neighborhood knew this kid. Turns out he is in the neighborhood across the street. Note that these are the most expensive homes in our area. I am surprised they are not in private school, but having just moved here, I guess they did not have time. our school system is not bad, but I suspect that other kids in that neighborhood all go private. Anyway, it really doesnt make that much of a difference, as any friend that Jack makes is ok.

AFterwards I was talking to another mom whose son is in the 3rd grade class next to Alyssa's . In there they have 11 girls and 5 boys. Alyssa is 10 boys and 6 girls. I dont get it. The only thing is that Alyssa's teacher is very structured and maybe a lot of parents of boys want that type of teacher more.

Long weekend coming up. nothing much going on. Skating competition on sunday morning and if the weather holds out the pool at teh club. Crazy weather here. 3 weeks of NO rain and now rain every afternoon.

Tonight going out to dinner witht some friends and got a sitter. Oh and note to self. NO ASIAN food with MSG ! I have such a MSG migraine!!!

Comments:
WOW! I can't believe how small Alyssa's class (and the other one are) - only 15 students!! Brilliant! G has 32 in his class this year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?