Monday, August 06, 2007

 

back to normal....

THe kids and myself are back from Jersey and life is back to normal. There is so much to write about that I have put this off. Maybe I will do some now and some later, or just gloss over everything. sorta a trip blog.



I went up to Jersey Tuesday night to get the kids. my flight was delayed by 3 hours due to weather in orlando and a mechanical problem. Luckily I did not have the kids with me. The plane I did get was one of hte ones that they have added TV's in the seat backs. That was so neat! I watched HGTV and TLC while on the plane. I was going to read a book on ADD by Dr Sears and someone else, but did this instead after a LONGGG wait at the airport. I do remember having a hard time deciding what to eat for dinner while at the airport. I did not want fast food, but the sandwiches really did not appeal to me. I ended up with one though,



I barely made the bus to get to my parents place.



Wed. was a crazy day. Jack had halloween day at the camp that he was going to. Mon night I had to run out and get a costume for him! luckily they were on clearance at party city. anyway, got him ready for camp and went with my father to drop him off. Then we went to brothers lot where he is going to build his house. AHHH my brother who works as a lawyer and thought he could build a house at the same time.... The one who has to be out of his house in 2 weeks and doesnt know yet where he is going to live while his house is being built. Dont worry , I got at earful from my father about my brother. I got an earful about my bad parenting, I got an earful about even things my mom does wrong in his eyes. I REALLY wanted to ask my father if he ever has anything positive to say about anybody by himself, but decided that I did not want to really cause a scene. I bit my tongue. When I was a teenager I always spoke my mind to him and we never got along. Now that I bite my tongue and just nod, we get along. Since I dont see him very often, might as well. not worth it.



Anyway, afterwards I went to this big shopping center to try to find stuff ot make a "wheel of WOW" for Jack for his carnival project for camp. I needed to make or buy a wheel that spun like what they have at carnival's that give out prizes. Finally got posterboard and foam and managed. The carnival was Thursday. This is what he wanted to do. If i had known my parents had bean bag tic tac toe around, I would have changed Jack's mind. I also bought my nieces their scooters and a gift for my sister in law for taking care of my Daughter. Geesh I quick shopping trip and 150$ later......(cant forget the prizes for the wheel)



My dad dropped me off to my brother's house to see Alyssa, while my mom got Jack. I then spent the afternoon wwith Alyssa and my nieces. I gave my SIL a break and took all the girls to the mall. I am a sucker when it comes to kids that are not my own. I will buy them stuff as long as its reasonable. We got back hours later and we waited for my parents and Jack so that we would go out ot dinner. This is when Alyssa had her meltdown . I knew one would happen when I arrived. It consisted of:

Why did you buy the girls stuff and only got me one little book

Why cant we go out to a fancy restaurant and have everyone get dressed up

Why dont kids leave me alone at school; I cant ignore them when they bother me (left field, huh?)

I dont like my counselor at camp this week (she went to morning camp with the girls everyday)



So now my SIL saw what I deal with. Then alyssa , of course, got "hurt" doing a cartwheel. My family arrived with Jack, and of course, Jack was an angel, seeing that his sister was a mess. my SIL, who had seen Jack misbehave saw what I see; When Alyssa is in her moods, Jack knows to step it up and be the angel child. I went with my father and Jack in one car and the girls all went in the other car. I stayed away from Alyssa at this point. It was better this way. Once again I got a lecture about how this is my fault. My father doesnt believe that maybe some of her issues is because of "how her brain works" and may not be anyone's fault. My mom "wrapped" her wrist and all of a sudden it was all better. Did not know a napkin could do that (enter sarcasm here). We had dinner and departed ways.



Thursday.. Jack went to camp to run his carnival booth. I had plans to have breakfast with an old friend and her 2 1/2 year old, so I would be late to help him out. My parents could nto help him out as they had made plans for the morning. Breakfast was great. Its nice to see my old friends in Jersey as I only go up once, maybe twice, a year. I really wish the kids could have gone down to her house at the shore and we could have done the carnival rides like we do every year, but this year we did not have the time at all. oh well... That has always been fun! After breakfast I joined jack. It was in the 90's, and being in the sun running his booth sorta sucked. Now here is something interesting. I found the boys at his camp to be larger than the boys down here in in atlanta metro. Is that because many of them are italian(where not all, but I believe many italian families center around food) , or does it have to do with the fitness level between the two areas.
After camp, it was too hot to go to any pools, so we came back and my SIL dropped off the girls so that she could do stuff. I kept Jack separated from everyone else to "keep the peace". I also got a chance to sit down with my nieces some. The quieter one really wanted my attn. I sat with a book and started some beginning reading. The book was "Go Dog Go". Later I got ready and left around 5ish to take the train to the city to meet an old friend of mine that I met during a USY convention (united synagogue youth) when I was 14. As teenagers, even though she lived about an hour away, she was my best friend. In some ways Alyssa mirrors my life that in high school most of my friends did not live in my town or were in my grade, except for the friend that I had breakfast with earlier in the day. Alyssa tends to make friends outside of school, or her one friend that moved.

GEtting back .. I took the train to the city. When I changed trains to get to Penn station, it turned out the tunnel was blocked , so it took quite a while to get in . The same happened for her, so we met up at the same time at this fun bar called 230 fifth. Its rooftop and was hopping. Since we are both pretty good looking women for being in our early 40's, we had soooo much fun. On an empty stomach the martini affected me right away. We stayed for quite a while and then headed back to penn station and grabbed some thai food around there. Took the 11pm train home. Even though I can stay up as late as I want as an adult, I still knew my parents would worry and had to consider them, so I came home early. If I was not staying with them, i would have stayed in the city longer. Its funny how I feel so much like a child still; even moreso than when I was in my 20's. I guess I want to be more considerate now.

Friday:
Last day of camp for everyone. Then after Jack's camp I got Alyssa and all her stuff. She was sad to say goodbye to her cousins. We came back and hung out inside since it was hot. then again, around 4:30 I took the car and met another friend in Morristown for dinner. She also has kids, but once again, getting the kids together would have been too much. I was actually home by 8:30. It was nice talking to her as well. We discussed a lot about our kids since she has some "issues" with hers and I took in advice as she has done a lot of reading.

Sat:
Ok, yhou can tell that I am getting tired of typing. Sat was spend with Felix's brother. Maybe I will talk about that tomorrow. Not that it was exciting, but just to add to another page.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?