Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

brain fog....

boy has my brain been in a fog! Yesterday thru me off because Alyssa's furniture arrived so I worked from home in the AM. I hope she is pleasantly surprised. I just need some pins for her corkboard on her hutch. That was the part she wanted most. I got Jack from camp and completely FORGOT about speech for him. So instead we got cat food and got his hair cut.

Jack has really been into cartoon network and pokiemon. I had to pry him off the TV after 1 1/2 hours. I would almost prefer the computer. The weather was very overcast so I did not have him play outside. For dinner I made something that my dad makes --scrambled eggs with salami. first you fry up the salami and then add the eggs.

Anyway, Alyssa still being at camp affects me. Its just that I wish so much that she made friends and wants to go back next year and had a great time. Yesterday they had color wars and had all the pics up. there was one picture with her bunk and she, as usual , is off to the side. I just dont know. I wont know until Thursday. Either this is "it" for her, or she liked camp, but not this one, or now hates it. Which, when she is older, she might change her mind about it. I guess I am scared for her as before she left she had a fight with her best friend that she rarely sees. 3rd grading will be starting up and within school she doesnt have any good friends. This was suppose to be the thing that helped with all her social issues. That is the main reason whyI am so worried.
Now here is news--Jack made a friend at camp. When I dropped him off this morning the other kid even called Jack over to play. I am not as worried about him, as Alyssa, but started to think about social classes for him. Why couldnt I have gotten at least one social child? I guess the gene pool was stacked against that (my brother and I both had issues as kids and I believe FElix and his brother were not the most social).

Back to Alyssa. I want to go get her on thursday but Felix thinks its a bad idea. I need to make sure everything is coming home and I am dying to know about camp for her. If I knew that all along she was happy (not just as of last Wed), then I probably would have enjoyed the time off from the chaos more.

Tomorrow I am working the peachtree road race handing out water. Better than running it :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?