Monday, June 25, 2007

 

what a sucky bday

First, about a month ago, I discovered my birthday present (luggage) because when felix hid it in the storeroom in the basement, the kids went back to look and left a cat behind. So the next morning I found the cat, poop, and the new luggage. So I got my present early. Then I was suppose to go out friday night. Well that got canceled because my husband got very ill. Also, the one friend who was suppose to come ended up staying out of town. Sat night we were suppose to do a family dinner. Well felix still did not feel good and sat afternoon I got a touch of something that affected my tummy as well. Not that I would react like a man and just say I am sick and then not do anything for 2 days. Women are programmed differently. Men stay sick until they are 100%. If a woman can function she will.
Yesterday we dropped Alyssa off at camp. I really hope she is having a good time. I think it all boils down to if she is getting along with the other girls and making friends. Keeping my fingers crossed. Two girls in the cabin have their moms working in the office. I did ask them to send me email about how Alyssa is doing. I hope there are pics on the website with her in it. I just dont like that the only way to communicate is snailmail. I do miss her, but more importantly I want her to be happy there and I want to help in anyway. The last two days before she left (friday and sat) we got along great. I spend extra time with her, and even laid down with her before bed Sat night (had not done that in a while-aka its now hugs and kisses). She got a new webkinz as well. Of course, jack saw that, and now he has to have his.

Anyway, after we dropped Alyssa off, we stopped in this cute town called Dalonaga. Camp is less than 1 1/2 hours away, which is nice. We had lunch there and walked around. There are some cute shops. One shop had a player piano for .25. Jack loved playing those old fashioned songs and showed how he can "tap dance". We got hope and Jack wanted to go to "auntie's pool" so we did. They have a deep end and diving boards as well, so I could work on teaching Jack how to dive. He did pretty good, but still does more belly flop type diving, or his feet will go in as the same time as his head. He has not quite mastered the "arms first feet last" thing. But he did not hurt himself belly flopping and his version of diving should help with the last swim meet.

We stopped for pizza on the way home. Sat night, we were suppose to go to dinner, but I ended up bringing home burgers from 5 guys... the best burgers around. Last night Felix insisted that the TV come off, but I wanted to go to sleep with it on. With my PMS a fight ensued.

This morning FElix left for work, with nadda a word. Except for my parents, no phone calls. Alyssa would have made a big deal, but she is not here . Though without her getting Jack up, ready, and off to camp, was a peaceful event. Its not so much Jack versus Alyssa, but rather putting the two of them together. Alyssa definately instigates more stuff. But if I have one on one time with Alyssa she is ok as well. on the way to dropping her off, the two of them were so loud in the car. Somethings fighting and sometimes just goofing around with each other.

So I got one ecard from a friend, but somehow its blank. So the intent was good, but the something failed on the execution.... just my luck today.... Not that its a big deal. 43 is not a big deal... but it would have been nice to not have so many things not go my way for me.

Comments:
I'm catching up on old blog postings and just found this one. I'm really sorry your birthday went badly. I think birthdays were better before we had kids. :-S

**hug**

-Valerie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?