Monday, June 11, 2007

 

getting healthier

We joined lifetime fitness this weekend. This is the new big healthclub in the area that everyone is joining. They told us that they already have 9000 members (including kids) and will stop at 10K. One of the justifications I did in joining is that it has a fantastic indoor and outdoor pool, so basically I am paying the same as if I was to join a pool for the summer. Our subd doesnt have a pool. Also, I am hoping that this will motivate Felix to get in shape, best he can, based on his heart condition. I would help him tremendously if he lost about 20lbs. both for his heart, energy, and looks. I hate to say this, but at his weight, I dont have this great "attractiveness" to him. So we shall see. If it doesnt work for him, I will probably just be a member with the kids, which is less money. We did spend 5 hours there on Sat at the pool. Sunday felix and I worked out a bit and put Jack in the kids club. They have a great kids club while you work out. I am very pleased that Jack decided to shoot hoops rather than play video games. Alyssa ended up going with a friend and her mom the rest of sunday. We met them out to ride bikes and Alyssa stayed with them. I thought it was cool that both my kids were riding bikes with Alyssa's friend, who just learned. Also, sunday late afternoon, Jack had a playdate with his friend (female) at their pool. this is basically his one friend that he made at school, so I encourage the playdates.
This is a real crazy week. Today I have an eval at the health club and Jack has speech after camp. Tomorrow the kids have pictures with swim team. Wed I have a crown being put in (YUK) and thursday I get my boobs smashed before the swim meet that the kids have. AT least no sleepovers next weekend. Alyssa went to a sleepover friday night and went to bed really late. I dont know that she ever recovered from that. This morning it was hard for everyone to get up for camp.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?