Wednesday, June 27, 2007

 

Emotional.

This camp thing hit me very hard. I am not used to not being able to talk to Alyssa. yesterday I sent her a care package with the new hannah montana CD. I am over analyzing all the pictures on the website. I dont see her hanging out with the other girls and that really worries me. I just want to know if she is happy or not. Waiting for snailmail from her I could wait forever. I know i could not wait to send her off to camp. I will admit the house is peaceful and easy with just Jack. BUT I am concerned for my daughter's happiness. Will she make any friends.? that is the main question. The activities are fun, but you can have fun activities in daycamp. PArt of this experience was to work on her social skills. I have a feeling that this fall we will need a social skills workshop for her. I know that her not getting along with her BFF that she saw the week before camp plays a role in how I feel. I know that neither of my kids will be social butterflies, but I want them to be socially content. Especially Alyssa. This does stem back to my childhood and having self esteem issues along side social issues. Even as a grownup, I still , to this day, have social issues at times. Yes, I have friends, but sometimes I do feel like I stumble around socially. Felix is no social butterfly either, but in his case, he honestly doesnt care. For Jack, I am not as concerned. Boys dont rely as much on social stuff for their happiness.

I even tried to get someone from the camp to call me yesterday, but alas that did not happen. Just tell me what is going on . also I need to know if she needs anything. Looking at this logically, even if she is not having a good time, it wont ruin her. Its only 12 days. She doesnt have to go back again if she doesnt want to. BUT I think both Alyssa and myself put the pressure on ourselves that this would be a great experience. She had fantasies about this that I hope she got partially met, and I was hoping that she would make a friend or two and this would be a good summer refuge over the years to see those "camp friends". As much as Alyssa and I clash, I only want the best for her.


UPDATE: the camp called me.. They said that the counselor says that alyssa is happy and that this whole group of girls is getting along great---its one of the best groups they have had of this age group. This makes me feel a whole lot better. Though I would love to see her expression when she gets the package today. Also, she did not want the coffee milk, but this morning they had chocolate milk, so we finally got some milk in my child. I am PMSing this week, so I am also overly emotional and hearing the good news almost made me cry.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?