Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

Let summer begin.

School ended up friday. so now Iam on my summer schedule, which is, every week different. Some weeks 9-4 and others I hope to still be on 8-3. There are many camps that I could not sign up for becauase of having to work. I hope my new boss understands my schedule. I also hope eto be able to work from home one day a week soon.
Alyssa is still on her "im injured" phase. Now its her foot. She wrapped it up. Everything these days is sprained. I told her yesterday that I feel like I am dealing with a china doll with her. I know that its a phase and also has something to do with attention (peers moreso), but sometimes I think wwe need to go back to the phsychiatrist for a visit. The school counselor probably things i am this monster as alyssa told her amoungst other things that I yell. Yes I do yell, and that is something that I am working on. Its worse around now, since I am PMSing and have less patience. Yesterday Jack went ot the potty and did not wipe very well. He did not put his clothes back on and sat in their computer chair... you all can take it from there.... WE went to a friend's pool that is very large and has a water slide, sprayground, diving boards, snack bars, etc. They live in a very large subdivision; it is over a 1/2 hour away though. But the kids always have a great time there. What is neat about this friend is that she is technical as well, so I can say things that she understands; for example, I used the word avatar and did not have to explain it.
Since I will be gone next weekend I am really trying to do most of hte things with the kids this weekend and giving felix a "break". But after taking the kids shopping at kohls, and then to the pool for most of the day, I myself was worn down. The problem is that Alyssa ALWAYS says she will do workbooks, etc with me, but then complains and causes issues when I as her to. She has pinky sworn she will do it this morning. We shall see.... Her sleepover at her best friends is at risk. Math is her weakness so I want her to work on that. What I noticed is that she still has issues with addition and subtraction math facts and that frustrates her. I think Jack might even be a bit faster knowing addition. If she doesnt practice stuff with it and get it down, we are headed down a long road with math.

I am getting worried myself about the drought here. It has not rained in over a week and there is no plans for rain. This is good for swim team and other activities, but otherwise very bad. Yesterday we smelled the smoke from the wildfires 200 miles away. I am not as concerned for my lawn. For me, gardens and lawn is not a big thing.

When I go to NJ next weekend I need to find a way to tell my brother that he should probably get one of his kid's thyroid checked. The child is overweight, but my mother tells me that when she watches them that she is very active and her sister eats more. I have always thought that the weight issue was due to something else. With my sister in law so sensitive,, and my brother so defensive all the time (lawyer!) I dont know how to say something. Of course I could be totally wrong her, but with their 5 year appt in Aug, its probably something that they should ask about. It may not be that at all, and just that she really does eat more than we think and is not as active as we all think. My brother is diabetic(type 1) and has issues with food himself. I have seen that when he is around his kids that he tries to feed them all the time. I personally feel that one should wait until a child is hungry , baring that they know when they are hungry and wont starve themselves. With my kids, especially Alyssa, that is usually right when she needs to go to sleep LOL :). Of course I still feed them breakfast lunch dinner, but if they just had a big snack before a meal, I wont push a big meal. I also never push my kids to be part of the "there is starving kids in India clean plate club". I try to encourage them to eat about 1/2 of whatever it is, and there is a 3 bite rule for new stuff. I sttill have issues where Alyssa doesnt like fresh fruit or veggies, and Jack is limited on his likes of snack food, so my feeding habits of my kids is not perfect by any means. I also do a lot of prepackaged type stuff, versus fresh due to time contraints and my lack of cooking skills.

oops I rambled on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?