Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

Still working on that health thing....

By sat morning my ears were clogged up and one was in a lot of pain. A trip to the Dr and I am on allergy meds, antibiotics, codeine cough syrup, and I got pain meds for that first day. We had an event sat night that I wanted to attend, but Felix felt that I was not 100% so it would not be fun. The problem was that we laid out 100$. I guess consider it a writeoff?
I cannot wait to have my hearing back. The coughing is getting better, and overall I have more energy. I did not like being at home all weekend. I did make it to the grocery store, but that was it. I felt extremely guilty that jack did not leave the house on Sunday. Either watched something on TV or played with webkinz. We did some speech and reading comprehension, and he did play some with lego, but that was about it.

This week is CRCT week, where Alyssa takes those big tests. These are the no child left behind tests that all the schools are judged on. Basically our public education has turned into "teaching for the test". I really disapprove of this NCLB thing. The thought behind it was probably good, but have our bad schools become better because of it ? All I see is that that schools/kids that did well before, continue to do so, but I feel that the education has changed and not for the better. Also, because attendance is part of it, if you want to take a family vacation outside of regular holidays, that is a big no no now. I think that should be up to the parent to decide if its worthwhile or not. Not up to the schools and social services.

Anyway, off my rant.

Sandy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?