Monday, March 26, 2007

 

heat wave....

Well last weekend, it was in the 50's and this weekend it was in the 80's! For March I think we are having record highs. Also no rain recently which is really bad for those with allergies. A few friends and my husband are really suffering. The only think keeping his sanity is that we are heading to Florida this friday and away from pollen.

With the perfect , abeit a bit too hot, weather, we did a lot of outdoor stuff. yesterday felix came up with the best idea. AFter Alyssa's playdate was canceled around 2ish, Felix said, why not go down to olympic park and go into the fountains. They have the fountain of rings down there that they do a water show with, and the rest of the time the kids can play in it. So we did that. It was very crowded. Then we went to the playground in the park. I then called my single friend that lives intown and we stopped by her place. When she lived in the neighborhood my kids loved visiting her cats. There is a microbrewery next door that Felix knew from when he lived on the West coast that he really wanted to go to, so we went to dinner there. The kids did a good job coloring (making their own "designs" ) and behaved well in the restaurant. Thank goodness Jack at least eats veggies. he has asparagus instead of french fries.

On Sat, I was out all day. I was discouraged that with all my runnign around and exercise that I did not lose an ounce. And no, I did not eat mor ethan normal during the weekend. Anyway, we met Alyssa's friend and mom on Sat at the greenway trail. The girls did scootering since Alyssa's friend still is not quite riding the bike. She is at the stage that Jack is. Basically does fine until you let go. We went a mile to end where starbucks and barnes and noble are. We stopped there. Then we went back. We then took the girls to old navy and target. THe girls were no behaving. They feed off each other. TBH, I think Alyssa feeds more off her friend then the other way around. She behaves pretty good in stores when she doesnt have friends around.
I did buy a few things , as we will need more summer stuff for camp. We need 12 days worth of outfits. Anyway, we also went to the mall. Sears had an awesome clearance on girls and boys shoes. Got some great stuff for 4.00$. We ate a 4pm meal at the food court. Then I came home and got Jack. Felix had taken him to a dinasaur puppet show after his baseball game. I then took the kids to the YMCA for open night since we are using their afterschool care and camp. The kids had fun. They had the rock climbing wall open. Also the pool. the problem was that each kid wanted to be somewhere different at various times and I was running around. I could have used Felix, but he was in allergy hell. Alyssa did great rock climbing and repelled back down like a pro. I guess all that tree climbing is doing her good :).

Anyway that was my day. Sunday I took Alyssa to sunday school as our carpool buddy was out of town. I did some walking and then stopped at Kmart. They had unbelievable deals. ! 50% off reduced stuff. Got Alyssa a denim jacket that she wanted for $3.00. Sweaters for men for 1.99.

Oh, did I mention that Alyssa is one of these lucky people.? She won the raffle sat night (floam) and on Webkinz got the 25K jackpot on wishing well at one point. She always seems to "win" stuff, so she is now picking my lottery numbers. She is just one of "those people" it seems.

The other thing is how she finally solved her teasing problems herself. I am very impressed. She has problems that she wants to be friends with boys but then she gets teased. So we tell her to ignore it, which she cannot. She comes the other day and says that next time she gets teased she is going say "Is that all you have on me; Isnt there anything better than you can tease me about ". I think that is geneious. Goes to show that kids sometimes can solve their own problems.

Back to the bike thing. Jack is trying hard. he really wanted a new webkinz. The latest is that he will check the day's activities and tell me "you have to log in at 9pm to do XYZ for me". he is really into it.

I am so happy that the food I feed my cats are not on the recall list. After losing my cat a few years ago to renal failure to have my new ones have problems would devastate me.

Well this was a busy monday to write..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?