Wednesday, March 07, 2007

 

finally, time to write....

Ok, I feel much better today than the last couple of days. Of course Alyssa pushed me to my limits as well. I handled 2 meltdowns, but very differently.
Monday afternoon Alyssa hit Jack. So we told her nice and calmly to go to her room. She then started bawling and saying things such as "I am a bad girl and dont deserve a room". Wow, where did that come from. We knew it was a mix between her normal cant control meltdown and a ploy. She did tell us she heard that one on jimmy neutron. So much for that show! Anyway we brought her to her room and then while in there she proceeded to do some banging and destruction. I did take away her small vanity at one point. I ignored her for the most part and so did Felix. I also took away her webkinz animals. (she likes BOTH the animals and the online part). She eventually calmed down, came downstairs and apologized to both myself and Jack. OK. So we thought we were done.
Tuesday morning. I am still not feeling well. FElix has offered to take the kids on the bus . EVerything is going ok. Though I came to find out later that Jack put his Crocs on instead of sneakers and it was PE day!. I did have to help with Alyssa's hair though. Then Alyssa decides she wants her earrings back in at the last minute, which was a no. Well up to her room, crying and slamming the door. Felix did leave with JAck because he had to. I was not feeling good, at my wits end, and this time I really got in her face and let her have it. This time that method worked, though I did not like that I had to resort to that. Her punishment was that this morning she had to take the bus .. which she did.... Also no complaining at skating. There was a little of that, but overall she and her friend started group lessons again and did very well.

Now onto my very sore subject. Sperry. If any of you read this, she is my husband's "sister". The kids adore her, so I put up with her. This one is my husband's fault. He had made plans to take Jack to the car show with another father and his son that we know from Alyssa's sunday school. The date changed to this weekend from the later weekend, as they could not make it. I checked the calendar at the time and it seemed fine. I told Felix to call him and he siad that he had to check with Sperry first. I was like WHAT? He invited her to come along. I told him how wrong this was. You just dont invite a 3rd person for a father/son activity. He just did not see it. Also, she had offered to babysit for us sat night and I guess he doesnt want to piss her off. Well I personally dont care. This one I do blame him. Well anyway, jack now has baseball later on Sat, so Sat would be out, but Sperry cannot go on Sunday. Boo hoo. But Felix's answer is that they just dont go. He even stated how the other guy canceled from the next Sat which worked. Well guess what . It doesnt work becaues of baseball. So now Felix is blaming me that I told him baseball was probably going to be late in teh day on sat's based on info I received. Well that info was false. Its just like last year. He is also mad that I volunteered him to assist coach, but even if he wasnt, Jack was not going miss his 2nd practice and his 1st game.

So lets just say that my 9th anniversary is not going to be such a "happy one". Its not like I am comtemplating anything "serious" here, but I am just very upset about this and feel I have a right to be. The last few months have been extremely difficult due to the health issues and dealing with "her". If I could I would be harder about "her", but once again, I cannot hurt my kids.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?