Wednesday, March 28, 2007

 

20 year anniversary....

Yesterday we had our 20 year anniversary luncheon for work. I have been with 3 different companies, but stayed in the same place. DEC, Compaq, and HP. All the changes happened while I was in the current job.

Who knew, when I got out of college and got the job in Burlington VT in manufacturing 20+ years later I would still be around. I started off doing work with my mechanical engineering degree, but then migrated to software and unix.

At the luncheon they only really "roasted" those with 25 and 30 years. The other thing is that since we are HP, all the trivia, etc talked about HP, but 1/2 of those there were from the old DEC/digital. I dont know if anyone was pure Compaq. Talking about someones career I could follow those that came from DEC, but it was harder with the HP people.

Afterwards I came home since the restaurant was near my house and it was almost time to leave anyway (it was after 2pm).

Alyssa has come up with another great idea about the "Teasing" that she sometimes gets. If they are in the classroom, she will just keep saying "what" , "what", until the person saying the thing will get louder and louder and then get in trouble with the teacher. Despite the difficulties that I sometimes I have with her, she has always had an incredible brain, aka she just thinks very well, many times beyond her years. AT her age I would never have come up with all the stuff that she does. She would have a good career in nursing, dr, etc, as she truely does having a caring personality.

I still love that Jack puts himself to bed many nights. He will just say "goodnight" and go to his room and go to bed. He has always been like that. Other nights its a just a tuck , hug and kiss. About once or twice a week he wants me to lay down for all of about 1 minute or two. Its very rare to have a kid that since age 3 has many times put themselves to sleep. I am very grateful for that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?