Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

TAG

Well i mentioned in my comments, but Alyssa got the letter that she is getting tested for TAG. Then I was totally floored that Jack also is getting tested. His teacher was actually on the committee. I am soooo happy and proud. Even if neither kid gets in, at least they are getting tested for it. I also found out why Jack is not getting as much work as Alyssa got in kindy. They changed it so that they kids get more work in 1st grade and less in kindergarten now. I still think his teacher doesnt do enough, but I have to admit that I am happy that she looked past some of his immaturity and recognized that he is very smart. I have noticed that moms dont talk about when their kids are in TAG and such. They do tend to try not to brag. Alyssa was talking about how Jack was bragging when he was on the phone with mom. I told her that bragging was OK when doing so to grandparents :), but otherwise not a good thing; she was corrrect. On the other end, I do find that mom's who have their kids in EIP (special assistance) tend to open up more about that.

Its so funny about how what happens in my kids lives each day affects my mood. When bad things happen to them, I am depressed. When good things happen to them, I am happy. Moreso than when things happen in my own life. I guess its really not that funny, but rather what being a mom is about.

Comments:
Exhausting isn't it - living according to your kids emotions. Ahh the joys of parenthood.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?