Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

CTTS....

My kids say the darnest things. JAck is famous for this. Many times I dont understand him, but every so often he says interesting things.

Yesterday he was talking to my parents and told them that daddy is going to be the assistant coach of his leadoff baseball team. He then says "my mommy forced him to do it". Which is true. I feel that FElix needs to step up and get involved in activities he knows about. I do all the other ones.

Then while we went to the circus the other day we talked about how he enjoyed air hockey with daddy on sat. I asked if he wanted an air hockey table and he said something about how expensive it is. I then mentioned getting it for Chanukah and he said "you should buy it on Black friday---it is less expensive then".

Alyssa is always saying things that is beyond her years. She is a teenager of sorts at times. Also, the good news is that the meltdowns seem to be lessening and even though she still have night waking issues, she handles them herself. On my part I have learned how to handle her better. I know when to "leave her alone and back off". I also ease into things that she will not be happy about. I have found that she also grasps concepts very well if explained. She wants to know about the world. Last friday I was praising Jack for getting all "s" on his friday report. Alyssa was like " I always get "s", why dont you praise me. I understood where she was coming from, but then went on to explain that Jack needed encourage in that area. She needs encouragement in other areas, such as not getting C's on math tests. That when she does something that is difficult for her, she gets that extra encouragement and Jack gets it for things that are difficult for him. So now she understands. I made it clear to praise her on something afterwards that Jack normally just "does" and point it out to her.

I love that it is warm again. I dont know how long it will last, but its very nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?