Monday, January 08, 2007

 

its been a long time....

I know I should have posted more often during my trip. I sometimes wonder how many people actually even read this and wait for me to post something new. I had to be careful on whom I told about this blog, as if I write about certain people I dont want them to get offended or know that I had written about them. This is suppose to be theraputic for me.

Anyway, I really dont feel like the detail of the rest of the trip but will do my best. Anyway, Alyssa ended playing with the girls I mentioned previously. We went to their place on New years Eve. The dad had mentioned that his daughter had invited some other people, so we thought that there would be other kids as well, but we were the only ways to "take them up on their offer" . The dad did have a girlfriend. Anyway, we left around 11 and went back tot my parents place. We were going to go down to the beach where all the fireworks were going on, but never made it. The kids lasted until 11:30 though. I felt very awkward hanging out with people I dont know very well when we were the only ones. I know what it is like. We invited a bunch of kids to the media room to watch a movie and noone showed up. The worse part was that the building got mixed up and messed up our media room reservation and that caused a big problem with myself and my mom. I wanted to "fight it" since we had it first, but she lives there and wanted to just give our time to the other person. We ended up with it much earlier than we wanted and felix did not get to watch everything he wanted. That was the main reason why I tried to fight it; it was my fault that I added a kids movie to his time.

The weather for the rest of the trip was great. Still in the 80's and only one afternoon of rain (the 2nd). Felix and I went shopping ot this big wine store, which he loved. I dont know if I said this before, but I just LOVE my navigation system. It has names of places in it, such as restaurants, shops, etc. I can put in "old Navy" for example and it will find all the old navy's nearby. In Orlando it found my favorite chinese restaurant, Ming Court. I told Felix many years ago how great this place was and one of the best chinese. He did not believe me, but this trip we went to eat there. He cannot believe I was right. I also loved their boxed children's meals. They had these big goldfish that you can feed. when you give them food they fight for it. Its really entertaining. oops. I jumped ahead. Anyway, on wed the 3rd we left for orlando. We got there fine. Kids just used the hotel pool and we went to dinner. around 6:30 a downpour occured. oh, after dinner we went to downtown Disney to the Lego store. It was crazy crowded. This was our first indication that Disney was more crowded that last year.

Thursday we went to Animal Kingdom. It was packed on opening. There was even a 20 minute line for fast passes. Alyssa agreed to try the Everest ride, which is a new roller coaster. She did not like the Dinosaur ride though. that one was pretty dark and scary. Jack refused to go on it. She did the roller coaster with her eyes closed. Anyway, since I had a cold still the rest of the family was going to do the rapids ride, but it broke right when they were in line. We ate lunch and went over around 3ish to MGM. Jack and Felix saw stunt show while alyssa and I did the backlot tour thingie. Alyssa did not want to do stuntshow. Felix and Jack also did Star wars. We tried to get into the 6:30 fantasmics but it was standin room only. We ended up at the 8pm show and got 3rd, you might get misty wet, row. The kids crashed in the car. and here is the best news: NO STROLLER the entire day!.
Other musings: The kids were never "excited" about disney. I guess that disappointed me, but since they have gone once a year, I can probably understand. We have 2 days left on our tickets.
When entering Animal Kingdom we ran into people we knew from our synagogue. that was amazing to run into someone you know that lives nearby. I knew other people who were going to be at Disney, but did not run into them.

On friday I had stomach problems. we had to drive back, so I did my best. I took lots of pepto. It was probably from all the junk we ate. SOMETHING that bothers me: FElix is such a food snob at times, I would be happy with small snacks and meals, and so would the kids, but he has to eat at a real restaurant. I dont know now "not to clean my plate" so I gain weight when we do so.
The kids did mini golf and a small amusement park away from the parks. It was cloudy that day, but still warm. I did some outlet shopping. We left around 2ish to drive home. We hit that really bad rain storm right about when we got into GA. It lasted an hour or 2 into our drive.
Felix did a good job driving.

Sat it was gorgeous here in GA. So the weather shock was not that bad. Alyssa had skating and played with her friend that she had not seen in a while. They were so happy to see each other. Alyssa was rather well behaved this weekend and at times a pleasure to be around. Then last night, she had sleep issues again and this morning, getting up for a school was not a pleasant thing. I did put them to bed early . Sat night the sitter had them in bed by 9. We had a party that we went to. It was nice to do the adult thing, but by the time you pay the sitter... after spending so much $$$ on a vacation and then a sitter.... I feel like we are broke this month. I have to pay more $$$ for camp this week and also we need a plumber now as we dont have water coming into one of our toilets.

If you are still reading.... wow!

Comments:
Holidays can be expensive especially right on top of Christmas expenses too.

I loved hearing your Disney stories too. I went to Disneyland 10 years ago and I'd love to take G there but I'm still waiting for that Lotto win - better go buy a ticket I guess!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?