Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

extreme disappointment....

Extreme makeover home edition is here. It is about 45 minutes away. Alyssa loves this show. So we went up on Sat. Turns on that the build is on a mountain rd and they will not allow children under 18 up there unless they are VIP. So if you are the builder's kid, a friend of the family, donate money, etc then you are more than welcome. Alyssa was very disappointed but we did end up with a T-shirt that someone was nice enuf to give to her, even though they were not suppose to. I also found out the reveal will be "closed" as well. I then went back to try to volunteer for the experience, but when I showed up they did not need any volunteers. Watching the show sunday night I viewed it from a different perspective. I found out other facts as well, which is why "reality TV" is not "reality TV". The designers dont design the rooms. Especially Ty and his "secret room, from what I understand. Its still a feel good show though

Last night Alyssa had a meltdown.. it started about dinner , but ended up how she has no friends in schoool. I really do try to help. Its hard that I had issues as well, and still, to this day, have issues (different than hers). Felix , now that I know him better , is not the social person I once thought he was. He couldnt care less though. Alyssa does. So the gene pool is not being kind to her in this regard. One thing is that when she has made friends she has driver them away with her anger/meltdown issues, or her inflexibility. She wants things her way and lets people know when she is not happy. Not a good way to make friends. I try to explain this to her. Then she is also picky about whom she wants as a friend. I did point out that she was invited over to someone's house and she said "I am their friend, but they are not my friend". Then she talks about how kids are being "mean to her", but cannot give examples, and mentions how it happened 3 months ago. I did give her one piece of advice. When they are outside at recess go find someone else that is "by themselves" and approach them. She cannot be the only one. She says she is... but..... Last night I also gave examples of other kids she has previously been friendly with, but she has no interest in being friends with them. So she is complaining , sad, but doesnt seem to do what is needed to fix it. I think we might have to work on being happy with how things are; might be a better route. She did see all her friends that she has from outside of school this week. (3 of them).
And lets not go down the path of the sleep issues. Its worse than a newborn. Its funny how when its a sat night or over break, how some nights she did sleep thru. So far no solutions on this one except meds, if I wanted to go that path.

Then there is Jack, who bucks authority. I need to get stricter with him. I tend to let him get away with stuff because at home he is so easy going.

not exactly a happy day for the levitt family.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?