Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

let the holiday begin...

Well today is the last day of school for 2 weeks. Felix is working Sun -tues afternoon and then we leave for florida. I am definately not stressed about packing, but rather keeping the kids entertained until then.

Good news... Jack has had 8 green lights in a row. But of course at home he has now gotten somewhat defiant. That is the ying yang of behavior. They cant be good all the time. I would rather him be good at school.

I am getting addicted to alyssa's webkinz web site and Jack's gamecube (super monkey ball), as well as sea haven towers at work. I have got to stop.

Tools at work are still not working and noone seems to care. they just want to make our job very hard. I still have to find a way to log in from home. They took away my email web site to get to mail. now I need to go thru a profile in outlook.

Ah, and Alyssa. I finished the explosive child and I do admit that I do plan C sometimes. aka give in. One thing when we get back is that I am going to look into a group therapy program to help with social skills. my Ped recommended it. The other strange thing is that Alyssa's worse nights to sleep tend to be Tuesdays. Wonder if there is something in that. overall though, her tandrums/metldowns are getting better. She said that she stopped herself from having one . yesterday. Or should I say they are getting less frequent. The problem with them is that when she has one, the words and things that she does has gotten worse. Lets see if using CPS, along with the ignore method if we are in full blown explosion, helps.

Oh I read the other day they now have a diagnosis for adults of an explosive syndrome. i do sometimes wonder if we are labeling too much. I dont want labels for my kids. I just want tools and methods of which to make them happy. I want them to not explode, to do well in school, to behave in public, to have friends, and overall be happy children. That is why I am doing all that I am right now. Not for the label, but to make sure that they have happy lives.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?