Friday, December 08, 2006

 

Alyssa's appt...

Alyssa had her pysch appt yesterday. I was told that I absoluately need to completely ignore her "episodes". Also that I need to work on positive reinforcement instead of negative. She is slightly ADD and he believe sthat she has well above avg IQ. We need to have it tested. (though it would not affect if she has bipolar or not). Also, typical ADD meds would never be recommended for her due to the possibility of bipolor

He says that the sleep issues are a sign of something more, but very hard at this age to tell. Also she could have "explosive child syndrome" . I still need to read "the explosive child"

One drug that was a possibility was Trileptal. My reading on it so far has been pretty positive if I was to ever go that route. We have to see what happens with the sleep issues, which by the way, falls in the "manic" catagory.

It was a very expensive appt, but overall I feel a lot better about thigns. When asked about therapy for Alyssa to learn not to fall into her "tandrums" he said that it probably wouldnt work as they are "sudden" . I still might try that route.

Comments:
I am actually getting ready to read that book because of Abbigayle too.

I agree good to have had it done. Abbigayle reminds me so much of a younger Alyssa. Eeks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?