Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

wrists and appt's.

my wrists hurt. No more nintendo pinball for me :). There was an interesting program on one of the news channels last night about the history of video games and how the lead in the market changes every few years, etc. Sony right now is the big leader.

Alyssa had a big insomnia night tuesday night. She was not as moody I thought she would be yesterday. Anyway, when it was time to take a shower she wanted a bath in my big tub. I did not want to fill it, so I offered the shower or her tub. She then melted, and we started to talk. I do feel very bad for her. She has no friends at school. It is all "her fault". She doesnt want to be friends with people she used to be friends with. She says that she doesnt have enough in common (translation --they dont want to do what I want to do). I do feel that some of it is failure of being rejected again. She recently was rejected by a girl she was being friends with. The girl asked Alyssa this week not to sit with her at lunch. I am sure that one of Alyssa's moods probably caused this. I know that she also is still really upset losing her best friend, who moved. She still sees her every few months, but that is not enough.
I feel extremely bad for her. I had barely any friends growing up due to my insecurities. She was friends with this one boy, and then she got teased about it, so now she doesnt want to be friends with him either. The three girls she wants to be friends with dont go to her school. There was another girl that she started to be friendly with, but then another girl is now her friends. The other problem is that she sits next to boys in the class (she is used as a buffer of sorts, plus at the beginning of the year she wanted to sit in the front). Today, during the class feast, I am going to ask the teacher if she can sit near a girl.

As far as her anger and crying , I have an evaluation set up for her. of course insurance is not going to cover it. 400$. I would rather go to someone that I trust then picking off a list that insurance sets up just to save money. The evaluation is in 3 weeks.

The good news is that Jack seems to be doing good minus his yellow lights and "arguing" with the teacher. For example, she will ask them to do XYZ and jack will wnat to XYY instead. He wants to work, but just on his terms. I dont feel this is a big deal at this point. He is thriving in kindergarden and rarely had the meltdowns like he had in pre-K. He also seems to do well socially. Academically he is doing great. I am happy that at least one of my kids seem "normal".

I have to figure out what I am going to do with the kids the weekend of thanksgiving. Since we are not going away.

Sandy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?