Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

Oprah

I was watching the pay it forward Oprah episode yesterday. only 1/2 of it as Alyssa had skating lessons. Anyway, I did donate 5$ to the woman's shelter here in Atlanta, which is what 2 women did with their money. They took 2k into 200K.

alyssa asked "who is oprah". I had to explain about having a show, empowering women, and also that if she ran for president, I bet she would get a lot of votes. Also that she is very rich, but tries to help those less fortunate.

The last 2 nites Alyssa has had her sleep issues again. I am going to maybe give her a bit of melatonin tonight . I know that its not a long term solution, but she needs her sleep. Once again, i am not sure what the cause is. I thought maybe it was chocolate in the evenings, but she did not have any last night.

Jack is kicking *** at the pinball game we have for the gamecube. Its amazing how good he is at video games, building puzzles, legos, etc. concentration and fine motor skills are his strengths. he always did have good fine motor skills. I can remember his gross motor skills taking longer.

Alyssa's big party is this friday. 6 girls sleeping my basement. I bet they are not asleep until midnight. I am glad this one girl is coming. Her mom is out of town, but we are making arrangements so that I will drop her off at a neighbors on sat and pick her up after school on friday. This is the one friend Alyssa wanted from school. My other concern is that her best friend will want to hang out with this other girl she knew and that Alyssa will feel left out and one of her tantrums will ensue. It really frightens me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?