Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

its quite windy down here but warm

We are now in south florida for 4 days. It is very windy. not just gusty but constant wind. BUT its warm. Anyway it has been a whirlwind 24+ hours.
Yesterday I dropped Alyssa off at that birthday party. Alyssa ended up going, though the girl was still upset with her over the "cat incident". Alyssa behaved herself though and kept her emotions in tact. I got back home and then did tons of laundry and also packed for the kids and later for myself. Felix and I went back and forth how much to bring. We are keeping some stuff here for when we get back in Dec. Meanwhile I called airtran. I prefer that airline to most others. Since we knew they had room for the 8am flight, we had to be ready to go before 6am. But wouldnt you know it---felix's work called at 11pm. From what I understand he was up until 1am. We got the airport by 6:45 and put ourselves on the standby list. The airport was pretty crowded at that time. I did make a mistake and accidently left an old small tube of sunblock in my purse. So it was taken. oh well. The flight was 2/3's full, so we got on by standby, but so did tons of other people. the flight ended up all full. The funny thing was that we had 2 seats together and then one seat 3 rows behind and then one seat 8 rows foward, with 2 others next to it empty. Also, the one in the back had the seat next to it empty until the last person. I ended up switching sot hat I could sit with Alyssa. She was going to have to sit by herself, but if she wants to fly by herself, this was a good test.
She did end up napping, since she got home late and was up early. We got here around 10am. the surf was too rough. the pool was too windy as well. My mom ended up getting Jack his gamecube at walmart. I dont want to go into Ms. Alyssa's academy award performance at dinner where she wanted to eat outside in the wind. Maybe another time.

time for a good night's sleep.

Comments:
I'm curious what you like about AirTran. (I haven't been on it much, if at all.)
 
I never have had as many issues as I have had with delta. Their ontime seems much better, even with weather issues. Also, when we have had to change flights due to medical reason, they were very easy to deal with and didnt charge us extra. I like that their planes now have XM radio. They have never planes as well. just overall very well run versus Delta, the other big airline here in atlanta.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?