Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

family time.

Last night we had family night. Felix made stew in the crock pot. Alyssa did not like it, so she ate leftover meatloaf. After dinner we all played with Jack's nintendo. We got a pinball game the other day. You can pick from 10 or so popular pinball games, starting from A-high which was from 1957!. We had a blast. I will say that yesterday Alyssa had a good day. No meltdowns, anger bursts, etc. We went to ice skating lessons and it turns out that they were canceled due to a competition later this week. We missed class last week so I did not know.

Speaking of Alyssa, i have a big mouth. I mentioned her issues with my sister in law, who in turn, told my brother. My brother, of course, has an opinion on everything and that his opinion is the only right opinion. (thats why he is a lawyer). So I had to listen to his advice for 1/2 an hour. I didnt bother to contradict him. He has read a few books and claims to now be the parenting expert. He wants me to read the same book(s). I wish I had not mentioned anything to my sister in law. I just did not want my brother involved in this. I feel its important to get her to see someone and just find out how much of her behavior is "normal". Worse case she needs to learn how to manage her emotions and I dont seem to be the person who can teach her that.

Today the carpet cleaners come. the basement needs it, since I will be having 5 or 6 girls spending the night down there in a couple weeks. Wow, I cannot believe the birthday party is just over 2 weeks away.

Comments:
I vote for trusting your own instincts rather than your brother's, since you're Alyssa's mom and he's not. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?