Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Even kids need a break...

I have realized that even kids need a "vacation". yesterday both kids were extremely well behaved. Right before we went away, Alyssa was a mess. Even her grades were slipping. She got her first S- for doing work this year. The first night down there, she was also a disaster, but since we have been back, she has actually been a pleasure. Or at least for one day :). With her being easier to deal with, I have spent more time with her. I usually read with Jack, but last night I curled up with Alyssa and we read a book together. She actually likes the "marvin Redpost" books. I would think that it would more suited towards boys. The reading is not that hard on it either for a chapter book. I am bidding on the additional books on ebay right now. Jack is doing great with Dr. Seuss. He loves to read, but still has phonics issues. That will come in time.
We also hooked up the gamecube. Jack got the spongebob movie game. Its not easy to figure things out. he seems to do the best. luckily I found a web site that outlined what he needs to do and how the stages on that game progress. As long as he gets green lights he will be allowed to play. I do think that some of his behavior problems are related to being bored.

While in Florida I got to get a pedicure on the balcony of my parents place. they are on the 22nd floor. I am attaching a few photos taken at the beach. that building is their new building. My parents have decided to go high end, and whom am I to complain. The cost of the pedicure was not that much more than getting it done at a salon. Its not just about the polish for me, but a pedicure also seems to make my feet feel better overall.

One thing is how my parents make me always feel 2 feet tall. They always have something to be critical about. They blame Alyssa's issues completely on me. I think I have done things wrong, but I also think that she may have additional issues. I am not sure if I want to go down that path yet. I think I want to wait a little bit more. She is very over emotional (crying over an elevator button! ), but will she outgrow it, or is it something more? Her social life is suffering because of it, but she doesnt seem to "care". Also I got in a boatload of trouble over not saying goodbye to my father. We were getting into the elevator, and I had just made sure that both kids did a proper goodbye. It was really an oversite, but now I am a child that has no manners and that they are very disappointed in me. Oh well. This is all why I have never lived nearby them as soon as I could move out after college. I did not try to find a job in NY/NJ or florida. I need my space. I miss the babysitting and bonding with the grandparents I would get, but not the aggrevation.

I will attach some pics from our trip that I "stole" from felix.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?