Monday, October 16, 2006

 

my mission today and the weekend.

I can no longer find the tampons that I love on the shelves anywhere. the playtex web site lists them as still avail. Its the regular slimfits. Since my ablation many years ago I have very light periods. They last 4-5 days, but only the 1st couple days has any significant amt. The rest of the time I wear pantyliners. So I like small tampons. I hate the tampax brand.
Soooo I am going to call playtex (whose building happens to be one town over from where I grew up) and see what is up. I will report what I find.

We actually had a mellow weekend, compared to all the usually running around that I do. I sorta felt guilty letting the kids play the computer as much as they did, but then again I also made sure that they played outside each day for a good amount of time. Jack uses this website. www.starfall.com and is learning to read better from it. Its really amazing. Its better than a leappad. But at the same time my kids go to all the disney , jetix, etc kid websites.
So sat morning, jack did not have soccer. We hung out and the kids did the computer thing, taking turns. I ended up taking the kids to the skating rink. JAck , with all his charm, convinced some teens to help him. He comes to me and tells me that "he has a girlfriend". Alyssa was "bored" because she did not have friends to play with. Afterwards we went to the park and the kids played. (felix came along) . then we went to Whole foods and got dinner. The kids could not behave together in the store. Drives me crazy! I can take one or the other and be fine. We take both and bam!. Sat night JAck watched chitty chitty bang bang. He loved it. Alyssa did not want to watch it, so I gave her the new mp3 player (NOT an Ipod) and got it set it for her.

Sunday was more of the same laziness all morning. No sunday school. Why is it, that on Sat and Sunday morning, my kids are up so early, yet this morning I had to yank them out of bed? Also, it annoys me that alyssa comes straight to our bed. She can go to the guest room, turn on the TV there, or do anything else. I want to sleep in on the weekends, now that they are older. JAck is capable of doing all of this. Alyssa would sleep with us every night if we let her. Anyway, by noon I was getting itchy to get out, so off the grocery store with Jack. no problems there. Then I eventually took them to the park, had felix then take Jack to another park, and I took Alyssa to Jcpenneys for their big sale. Once again I bought clothes for her. She doesnt need any! I know I get great deals, but I need to stop. I did buy myself a shirt and pair of pants as well.

Sunday night TV drives me crazy. I dont have a tivo yet, but do have a VCR and DVD recorder. I just normally dont use them, unless I will not be home.
I like the beginning and end of extreme makeover home edition. I love the Amazing race. I like desperate housewives, but also Cold case sometimes.. What really messes me up is when the CBS shows start late due to football. So amazing race runs late while desperate housewifes is on. and WHY OH WHY are the commercials on at the same time? Even with the delay? I know I will have a TIVO before long. I just dont want to spend the money if it can be helped. In that way I am cheap. I will go to a sale and spend 10$ on clothes that Alyssa doesnt need, but would nto spend 10$/month on Tivo or something like that.

This has gotten pretty long. hope I did not bore everyone to death.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?