Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

the creatures that lurk in the attic (and our mind)

We have something living in our attic, since it became cold this week. We think it might be a mouse or mice, but maybe a squirrel. Felix put mouse traps in the attic, along with peanut butter (much better than cheese!). So far nothing. But I dont enjoy my 4am wakings.

Its so hard to get up in the dark these days. AFter this weekend, with Daylight savings time, it should be light out again the am. Getting the kids up is also not so fun. These days the car is in teh driveway since my Pacifica barely fits in the garage and causes me stress pulling out. I HATE that I have the 2 door garage. It is probably structural , so I cannot change it. My car has maybe an inch on each side to get out. Not happy about that. The minivan was a few inches smaller, so it had 2 inches on each side. Besides, felix pulled that one out. The regular car will fit nicely. So maybe I will give the spot to felix. The other side is where the regular car used to be, but it had a lengthwise problem with the staircase in front. So now that area has all the "junk". We no longer hang up the bikes, etc. Easier for the kids to get to everything. So the solution is probably to let felix have the garage on most days, except in extreme weather. We had our first frost/freeze today, which is unusual. normally not until mid november.

The other day I was asked if I was getting a sitter and going to any adult halloween parties. Apparently my brother and his wife are invited to some. My brother has quite the social life. They ALWAYS have at least one couple to go out with on Sat night. Sometimes more. He can have a party and easily have 40-50 people there. I would struggle with 20. I have always wanted to be that social person, with tons of friends, "playdates" etc. It just has not worked out for me. Between my insecurity, and Felix also not being that social a person, nor caring to be, it has not happened for me. I just have to realize I am who I am, and those who want to be friends with me will be. I will never have that long list of friends that my brother and some of my friends themselves have. This is why Alyssa having friends is so important to ME. probably more important to me than it is to her. I want her to have what I never had, since I was such an insecure child. Time will tell how important it is to HER. With Jack things are different. Boys and friendship are very different than girls.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?